Monday, February 12, 2007

photograph

when i moved into my apartment, i put some photographs up on my refrigerator with those magnetic clips. one large one took up the center of my freezer for over five months. a few weeks ago, i tearfully tore it down and shoved it into a large macy's bag along with many other things i could no longer bear to look at or own. since then, i have had an empty clip on my freezer door that keeps falling down every time i open the freezer, which is daily, when i retrieve my pink nalgene bottle for yoga.i have been wondering what the hell to put in that clip. i certainly don't need another photograph of myself, as i have at least four "solo" photographs up there (from colorado and such) and it seems a bit vain. i don't really like a cluttered fridge, but that clip falling every day was getting on my nerves, and the empty spot was reminding me of something that i needed to put behind me. tonight, it hit me. there is a song by the fray that i have loved for a long time. it is called "look after you," and i thought i knew exactly what the song meant. now i'm not so sure, but there is one line that i pondered over for a long time. he says, "forgive the urgency, but hurry up and wait..."what the hell does that mean? i kept thinking. i mean, honestly. well, my fridge now displays a ripped-out piece of notebook paper reminding me to "hurry up and wait," because now i think i kind of know what that means.

No comments: